6.21.2004

huh?

madonna changed her name, sorta.

my favorite quote is "My mother died when she was very young, of cancer, and I wanted to attach myself to an other name." which is very smartly followed by, "This is in no way a negation of who my mother was. I wanted to attach myself to the energy of a different name."

let's see, my mom, who had the same name died of cancer so i want to change my name. i don't think she was a bad person, but because her name gave her cancer, i am going to change the name she gave me. whatever.

what happened to madonna? she used to be so cutting edge and controversial. now she's just stupid with that stupid british director husband of hers. what annoys me the most were her statements about how she really buys into the kaballah and how she's not doing some weird celebrity trend and now that she's not a celebrity whore she's supposedly super spiritual now. hey madonna, guess what? kaballah is a cult (check out the creepy creepy website) not that different from scientology. i may not completely understand jewish mysticism, but i can spot a cult when i see it. madonna, you're either stupid or you're a fraud. either way, i'm not calling you esther. that name is reserved for those esthers who are truly great.

No comments: